|Support Services to Entrepreneurs
This initiative of IECED is to help our entrepreneurs to concentrate more on the day to day running of
their enterprises by saving the time, energy and money involved in the frequent visits to the capital
city for various purposes.
Under this new initiative IECED proposes to act as the local representative and contact point
of the entrepreneur.
Following are some of the support services offered.
1. Following up the file/application/representation of the entrepreneur pending with any
office in Thiruvananthapuram and reporting back its present status and the reasons for delay/block and the
necessary action to be taken.
2. Enquiries/information gathering in Industries Department, Electricity Board, Pollution
Control Board, Water Authority, Factories and Boilers Department, Labor Department, Chief Electrical Inspectorate
or any other relevant office in Thiruvananthapuram on enterprise related matters.
3. Information gathering and follow-up of files pending with KFC, KSIDC, KINFRA, Khadi and Village
Industries Board, Kudumbashree, Backward Caste Development Corporation, Women’s Development Corporation,
SC& ST Development Corporation or any other relevant office in Thiruvananthapuram on enterprise related matters.
4. Information gathering regarding purchases by government departments, tenders/quotations etc.
5. Collecting copies of government orders (G.O/circulars/gazette notifications),tender forms,
changes in the budget proposals, tax rate changes etc.
6. Procuring legal opinion or clarification on matters related to sales tax and VAT like
tax rates, exemption, point of levy of tax, concessions to SSIs etc. from Commercial Tax Department or
from tax consultants.
7. Supplying information and data for project report preparation, information on technology,
market, machinery and raw material suppliers, credit, procedures and formalities, training, consultancy etc.
for new entrepreneurs.
8. Registration/booking/ reservation on behalf of the entrepreneur.
9. Making payments (less than Rs.1000) on behalf of the entrepreneur in emergency
cases for purchase of tender forms/application forms or as registration fee.
10. Non-enterprise related services to the immediate family members which necessitate
visits of the entrepreneur to the capital city like children's education or spouse's service matters.
Terms and Conditions of Service
This service will be available only to
entrepreneurs registered with IECED. For registration, the attached form should be filled in and sent
to IECED. There is no registration fee.
For the registered entrepreneurs, there is no need to make advance payment. Depending up on the
cost of providing the service, charges will be levied which can be paid through cheque/DD/MO drawn in favour of
IECED payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Requests can be made over phone numbers 0471-2164180, 2493783 between 10 am and 5 pm or by e-mail or post. Wherever necessary, proper authorization should be sent along with the request for service.
IECED will not be responsible for the losses if any, arising from delay in getting
information/services or incomplete or incorrect information/services provided by departments/agencies.